We all know that Logitech is one of the best brands for manufacturing computer peripherals. When you have Logitech gaming products, then the Logitech Gaming Software becomes very important to you. This software helps you to customize the product settings effortlessly. If you have a Logitech mouse or keyboard, then you can use the Logitech Gaming Software to customize the buttons.
But many times, it happens that the Logitech Gaming Software won’t install on your Windows 10. This is a very common issue and can happen for various reasons like the Logitech Gaming Software is not compatible with Windows 10, the installation files are not downloaded properly, and many more. If you face the same problem and want to know how to solve it, then this article is for you.
How to Fix Logitech Gaming Software Won’t Install on Windows 10 Issue
The Logitech Gaming Software provides more power and intelligence to your peripherals. This can help you enjoy various advanced features while gaming. There are various solutions to various issues causing this problem.
- OS:- Windows 32/64 bits
- Video Card:- It requires Intel HD or Intel GMA (Minimum 800 MB video memory)
- Tools:- .net framework 3.5 or higher
- Windows Update:- Required
1. Run the Software as Administrator
Sometimes, even when you try to install a new application on your system, it doesn’t have all the permissions required. This is because the UAC (User Access Control) limits permissions. To avoid this issue, you can try to run the main file of the software as an Administrator. Even when you try to install in the administrator account, this issue can occur.
To run the application as an Administrator, follow the steps given below:
- Open the main Logitech Software Folder. Generally, it is C: Program Files (x86) Logitech Gaming Software.
- Now select the.exe file and right-click. A new window will open with many options. From there, select Properties.
- Now in the properties window, select compatibility.
- Here you can see a checkbox with the option “Run this program as an administrator.” Check the box.
- After that, click on OK.
2. Update Logitech Gaming Software
Many times, we use the outdated version of the Logitech Gaming Software. Because no one keeps on checking for updates. Due to this, our software does not work properly, and we face many issues. To avoid this, try updating the Logitech Gaming Software. To update your Logitech Gaming Software, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Logitech Gaming Software.
- Then go to settings in the right corner.
- There you will find an option to “Check For Updates.”
- Click on it and see if any updates are available.
- If any update is available, download and install it.
3. Exit Easy Settings Box from System Tray
Many users face issues regarding Samsung’s Easy Settings Box software. Users can use the system monitor by dividing it into different sections.
To solve the problem with Logitech Gaming Software, you have to exit the Easy Setting Box system tray of Windows 10. For this, follow the steps given below:
- In the right corner of your desktop screen, there is a UP Arrow on the taskbar. Click on it.
- In the system, select the Easy Setting Box and right-click.
- Now you see a menu with different options. Select “Exit” from it.
4. Disable Windows Defender or Antivirus
One more reason why Logitech Gaming Software won’t install on Windows 10 can be your Windows Defender. Therefore, to fix this issue, you can disable Windows Defender or Antivirus for Logitech Gaming Software. To disable your Windows Defender, follow the steps given below:
- Open your computer settings. Search and open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, find and open the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now, there will be an option to “Allow An App Of Feature.” Click on it.
- After this, a list of application software will appear in front of you.
- Select Logitech Gaming Software from there and choose the “LCore.exe” file.
- Now click on OK, and restart your system.
5. Update the Mouse Driver
The driver is responsible for efficient communication between your processor and peripherals. Every hardware has its driver. If your Logitech Gaming Software is not working properly, you should try updating your Mouse Driver. For this
- Download the proper driver update for your mouse.
- From the start menu, open Device Manager.
- Now select Mouse and click on the mouse you want to update.
- Now you will get the option to “Update Driver Software” by right-clicking on the mouse.
- Now, select “Browse My Computer For Driver Software” and select the proper file.
- After this, click on OK. And restart your system.
6. Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
Sometimes, while installing the Logitech Gaming Software, the files are not downloaded properly. Which is the reason why the software won’t install on your system. Therefore, to fix this, you should try to reinstall the Logitech Gaming Software. To uninstall:
- Go to the Start Menu and search for “Apps & Features.” Open it.
- Here you will see a list of software on your device.
- Scroll down and find Logitech Gaming Software.
- Click on it, and you will get the option to uninstall it.
- Just click on the Uninstall button, and your software will be uninstalled.
- Go to the Logitech website.
- Search for Logitech Gaming Software.
- After that, click on Download.
- After the download is finished, install it.
7. Update Windows 10
Even after doing all the above methods, your Logitech Gaming Software won’t install, then you should try updating your Windows OS. The Windows 10 operating system receives various updates. Therefore you have to keep checking for Windows 10 updates. To update your Windows 10, follow the steps given below:
- Open your systems Settings.
- In Settings, go to Update & Security.
- In Update & Security select Windows Updates.
- Here check if any updates are available. If any updates are available, then download and install them.
There are various reasons why your Logitech Gaming Software won’t install on Windows 10. There are various solutions given above to this problem. Sometimes the Logitech Gaming Software is not compatible because you are using outdated versions.